The Atlantic Arc Commission working groups are set up on the basis of challenges and opportunities related to specific features of the Atlantic area, hence the importance of issues such as fisheries, transport or renewable marine energies. Futhermore, "ad hoc" working groups may be set up to respond to the Atlantic Regions' desire to examine specific hot topics and take part in debates on EU policy guidelines.
The Atlantic Arc Commission working groups have two main tasks. Firstly, to foster cooperation, exchanges of experiences and good practices between Regions in strategic policy areas for the development of the Atlantic Arc; and secondly, these technical working groups also help to voice the interests of the Atlantic Regions before the EU institutions and establishing them as a source of proposals when preparing and implementing the different European programmes.
- Share information on the instruments used to implement the Strategy.
- Study how to align funds.
- Pressure the European Commission with some qualitative feedbacks.
- Monitor the real implementation of the Strategy in the territories.
- Prepare a review of the Action Plan (2016-2017).
- Give more visibility to the Atlantic Strategy.
- Stay aware of the intentions of other Regions, and the focuses of their Operational Programmes.
- Lobby usefully and efficiently the new members of the European Parliament and the new Commissioners.
Secrétaire exécutif de la Commission Arc Atlantique
14, rond-point Schuman
B - 1040 BRUXELLES
Tel. + 32 (0)2 612 17 05 / + 32 495 57 19 74 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org